- Explore the network of trails near Ship Rock
- Hike, bike, or ride and take in the beautiful landscape
What can I do and see at Ship Rock?
Views of Ship Rock:
Ship Rock is visible in most parts of Sedona including Hwy 89a in West Sedona, Airport Mesa, and the Mogollon Rim.
Trails near Ship Rock:
- Soldier’s Pass: diverse trail with beautiful views; moderate hike with a bit of a steep climb up to the pass.
- Jordan Trail: moderate hike that crosses Soldier’s Pass Trail near Devil’s Kitchen sinkhole and connects to Brin’s Mesa, with views of ship rock.
- Biking (not beyond wilderness boundary)
- Horseback Riding
- Dog Friendly
Where is Ship Rock?
Soldier’s Pass/Jordan Trailhead: From uptown, take Hwy 89a west and turn right on Soldier Pass Road, turn right on Rim Shadows Drive, drive until you come to gated trailhead parking on the left.
When is Ship Rock open?
Trails are open year-round.
How much does Ship Rock cost?
If you intend to park at the trailhead you will need to purchase a Red Rock Pass from the Red Rock Ranger District, one of the vendors in town, or at one of the self-serve machines.
- Day pass- $5
- Week pass- $15
- Year pass- $20
Who can I call if I have more questions?
Red Rock Ranger District (928) 282-4119