What airport should I use to access Sedona?
Sedona Airport only caters to small private planes, but is a popular destination among Sedona visitors for its spectacular 360º views of Red Rock Country. Visit the airport to enjoy an air tour or just to grab a prime seat for sunset.
- Airport Code: KSEZ
- Location: Located on top of a mountain 500 feet above Sedona, Sedona Airport is often referred to as “America’s most scenic airport.”
- Airlines: Sedona Airport does not host any commercial flights; only small private planes have access to the airport.
- Airport Services: Air and helicopter tours, fuel service, overnight transient parking, monthly jet ramp tiedown, car rentals, and assistance with booking reservations and rentals. New Sedona Airport Restaurant is expected to open September 2011.
- Getting To/From the Airport: There are three car rental companies that serve Sedona Airport. Airport Rent-A-Car of Sedona is located onsite in the main terminal. Hertz Car Rental and Enterprise are also available for delivery. There are also taxi, shuttle, and limo services to and from the airport available by phone appointment.
Flagstaff Pulliam Airport
Located 23 miles from Sedona, Flagstaff Pulliam Airport is the closest commercial Airport.
- Airport Code: FLG
- Location: Located at Hwy 17 and Hwy 487 just South of downtown Flagstaff. Take state route 89A South for about 23 miles to land in uptown Sedona.
- Airlines: American Airlines connects at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.
- Airport Services: Broadband/high-speed Internet, free parking, tourist information, car rentals, and an airport café open daily at 5:30AM.
- Getting To/From the Airport: If renting a car in Flagstaff, you can enjoy the scenic 40-minute drive to Sedona. Car rental agencies located within the airport include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National Car Rental. If you choose not to drive yourself there is also a wide selection of taxi, shuttle, train, and bus services that travel between Flagstaff and Arizona. Arizona Shuttle provides travel between Flagstaff and Sedona. It departs from the Flagstaff Amtrak station on Route 66 twice daily, at 9:00AM and at 4:00PM, and drops you right in the heart up uptown Sedona.
Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport
Arizona’s largest commercial airport offers a variety of convenient flight options and is located just 119 miles from Sedona.
- Airport Code: PHX
- Location: Downtown Phoenix, about 2 hours south of Sedona.
- Airlines: All major airlines.
- Airport Services: Shops, restaurants, car rentals, shuttle services, and even an art museum.
- Getting To/From the Airport: PHX airport harbors all the major car rentals companies. The Car Rental Center is located in a separate building near the airport. You can get there via the Car Rental Shuttle, which stops just outside baggage claim every 10 minutes. The Sedona Phoenix Shuttle takes you from the airport to Sedona. It runs every hour from 9AM-8PM, and takes about 2-3 hours to get to Sedona. Reservations are required.